Resolute II damper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moxy

Jan 14, 2010
Nova Scotia, Canada
I have a damper that will not completely go to vertical without assistance( wire handle down). I can reach in and pull the damper plate up with a coat hanger. Even then it does not always positively engage and the wire handle may or may not go completely to the down position This is a recent occurance. I can't force the wire damper handle to raise the damper completely, nor will the handle release the damper completely and let the damper go to horizontal.

Is this an adjustment problem or is something broken and needs replacement.

Last year I had the inner fire walls replaced and noticed how the damper worked but didn't notice if there were adjustments.

Anybody offering opinions

Thanks

I'd do an inspection of the assembly to see if it is dirty, warped or just needs adjustment.

Matt

The damper itself appears tight and fitting correctly. Can any adjustments be done by removing the collar and small Plate. ( top exit stove pipe). If so what do I need?

Status
Not open for further replies.