Resolute restoration

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

consie67

Jun 4, 2008
Maine
I have found an older (1984) VC Resolute that has cracks in all 3 backing plates. The stove is perfect for my application in style and dimensions. Is it worth restoring it, and what's the cost? Thanks, Chris

Not familiar with the stove, but both steel and cast iron can be repaired by a competent welder...for a real accurate idea of the cost of the required repairs, I'd think you'd want such a craftsman to take a look at it and give you an estimate. Then you can weigh that against the cost of a modern, EPA approved, efficient stove of comparable heating capacity, and make an informed decision on which way to proceed. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.