Restored Timberline

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Smokeyhollow

Dec 8, 2021
West Virginia
E7981EBE-E10C-45F9-AF07-06B6BAD5DE56.jpeg
Restored this beaut I bought off a friend earlier this fall. So far I am loving this stove and has heated better and has been just as efficient as the Englander NC30 I had prior, also with no norries of cracking the door glass 🤬.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also heat with a timberline..
(Model T-PF.... Timberline Petite Fireplace) the timberline replace a englander nc13.
The nc13 wouldn't burn but 4 hours..5 at best... and what I thought was an uncontrollable heat. It would roast you out of the house.
The timberline as small as it is heats all night comfortably.. it does burn a bit more wood. Not enough I would notice if I didn't keep a close eye (very close eye) on its wood consumption.. it does create a bit more creasote.. again if I wasnt keeping a very close eye on it... i probably wouldn't have noticed it either.
All in all... my timberline is staying put. Great stove that we love to heat our home with.

Reactions: clancey
I didn’t care for how the NC30 burnt in general. I do keep my wood seasoned 2 years , so never had an issue with green wood. It was the amount of coals in the firebox that would not burn down especially when the weather really cooled down and needed a box full for overnight , just never was able to open it up and burn them down well like the timberline does. Very pleased with this stove.

Reactions: Jason721
Its a pretty stove too...I like the wide ledge and its dedicated for heating --no glass--to worry about..thanksl for the posting..clancey

It looks great but the Timberline doesn't burn as cleanly or efficiently as the 30-NC. Yes, they will have entirely different burn characteristics, but from an efficiency standpoint, there is a big difference.