1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

restrictor plate

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by thepaulmc, Feb 12, 2012.

1. thepaulmc

thepaulmc New Member

Loc:
    N.E.PA
    I have a 05 25-PDVC... Has anyone played with the plate on this/ Does it make any difference in the pellet amount used. In the full closed position it seems to close the opening almost halfway. What is its actual purpose??

Sorry for all the questions, new to all this. Stove was given to me so this is my first year toying with it..

Thanks,
    Paul

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. hwdemers

hwdemers Member

Loc:
    northern nh
    in theory the purpose of this plate is to acomodate longer and shorter pellets. ive never noticed a change no mater what position its in
  3. smoke show

smoke show Guest

my 01 does not have one.

if it matter to ya.
  4. thepaulmc

thepaulmc New Member

Loc:
    N.E.PA
    I'm just trying to see what it does... if anything and if I should make any changes to the settings if I move it..
  5. imacman

imacman Guest

Just for the heck of it, you might want to give Englander a call tomorrow and ask about it. If you give them the model & serial #, they can give you some info on the unit too.