Resurrecting an old Enviro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's an earlier model. The auger is free floating at the top.

debatable ;) I hate to see a perfectly good stove abused this way.

Agree with you BG. The Windsor was an ok unit, the Empress (its successor and present model) is a great stove, if cleaned and operated properly. Good luck with it.

OK, here's an update. The stove appears to be electro-mechanically sound. However, the entire firebox area is rusted badly. I am concerned that this stove even with replacement parts will never be safe again. As I started cleaning out the interior of the stove I was pulling complete slabs of rusted metal from the interior frame that the door closes up to. If the original gauge was say 20 ga, it is now more like 24 ga. Not sure what to do now. The cast iron jacket is like new and the electricals were protected for the most part by the hopper and stove top, but the firebox is shot. Even the burn basket feels fused in.

If there is anyone in the Seattle area that wants a parts stove they can have this one for free. Otherwise I think it's going to end up as scrap. ;hm

Status
Not open for further replies.