reverse the door swing on a stove?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ctswf

Burning Hunk
Sep 23, 2014
ct, usa
As I struggle to make a decision on my first insert, I noticed some units are right hand swing, some are left.

I prefer a left hand swing due to the room design, do any stoves have an option or are they usually all as you see them?

some units im looking at: bk princess, osburn matrix, osburn 2400.
the hybrid fyre looks great and is LH swing, but my local store has it listed at $3900 which is just too much

bk princess looks to be RH swing, not a deal breaker but not sure if im sold on a cat stove, maybe im being stupid but part of me thinks it might become a hastle and cave man style fire box might be more for me

Pacific Energy inserts are LH swing. Hogwildz has a PE Summit. So easy a caveman can run it, ugga ugga.

My Princess was a LH swing, if we're on he same page the handle was on the right and the door swung left. BTW it wasn't a hassle, it as super easy to run and burned a long time.
How many square feet you heating?

As you're looking at the stove, i would like the handle on the left, hinges on the right. which is opposite of all the bk princess pictures I have seen. I have to assume all stoves are one way or the other and not interchangeable.

the house is 1800 sq ft, relatively open plan.

why did you say "was" did you get rid of the bk?

osburn matrix (non-cat) with a 2.4 cu ft box looks nicer, hinges the way I want, and can be had for almost $1000 cheaper right now. im having quite the hard time deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.