1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Riga Wood Stove?

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by Gunny, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Gunny

Gunny Member

Loc:
    S.E Michigan
    Hey all. New to the site and mostly talk of wood splitting/chainsaws but question. I am from Michigan and a few years back I purchased a wood stove to install in my large detatched garage. (20 x 30 w/15 ft ceilings)
    I was told by local ordinance I counld not install due to no manual or fire rating. Installed a new stove from TSC that is still burning to this day. My question is the stove I purchased from a private owner is approx. 2.5 x 2.5' w/2 front solid doors. No legs but still heavy as heck, of course goofy its heavy gage metal, 300-400 lbs. The stove has RIGA in large letters accross the front on like a metal plate. No other writing at all but has a oval chimney outlet. Not all that pretty but interested to find anything I can because I plan to install up northern MI in an outbuilding. I googled RIGA wood stove and I know Riga is a small town in MI that has a wood stove store but no manufacturer. Just trying this and then plan to call the store. All help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. jeff_t

jeff_t Minister of Fire

Loc:
    SE MI
  3. Gunny

Gunny Member

Loc:
    S.E Michigan
    No, I currently am in Afghanistan. My stove DOES NOT look like any of those pictures. Besides I believe Riga is just the model of the fireplace insert. Mine is a wood burning stove. Hey, thanks for trying to help Jeff. No big deal just curious about it.
  4. mikebike357

mikebike357 New Member

Loc:
    Maine, USA
    I just purchased a home that has a "Riga" wood stove. Looks old but well maintained. Is this similar to what you have?

[​IMG] [​IMG]