1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Rika austroflamm insert will not reignite

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Bill Kennedy, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Bill Kennedy

Bill Kennedy Member

Loc:
    NW CT
    The last few days my rika insert will not reignite. Since this is my first season i have been trying different pellets.Platinum Fires (i liked them) Powerhouse hardwood (ok but a lot more ash )Right now i am burning Turman hardwood pellets,which burn awesome and have extremely low ash.(my preference so far) still have Barefoot to try
    I have it set up with the thermostat pellet controller
    In the evening it is at temperature (72) this temp keeps the entire house comfortable , then in the evening at bedtime I set it back to (68) this allows the bedrooms to be comfortable about (62-64)
    Normally the house cools then as the stat reaches about 65-66 it reignites. The last few Days the pellets drop into the burn pot but do not ignite.if I empty the burn pot of pellets and cycle it off then back on it ignites and runs perfectly.
    I have been very diligent about cleaning
    Am I missing something , any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated

Helpful Sponsor Ads!