Rika Integra II - flame going out - Error 0

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

db131

Jan 7, 2014
Hudson Valley, NY
Hello All,

I have been reading threads for a while now to help with my Rika Integra II insert, and I have found a lot of helpful information...Thank you.

My stove is erratically shutting down with an error 0. The only condition I can sometimes notice prior to it happening, is when A.) the stove temp is turned down say from 35 to 5, and/or B.) when the stove goes into CL (clean) mode. I am not positive if either A or B is true, nor does it consistently happen...it is very sporadic- sometimes once a day, sometimes once every few days. When it does happen, the burn pot flame dies down, but the auger continues to feed pellets, and both fans (exhaust and convection) are still running. I can't figure it out.

To resolve, I dump the pellets out of the burn pot. Scrape the burn pot for any clinker. Hit the start button, and it fires right up.

Within the last month, I have cleaned every nook and cranny- the clean out on right, removed exhaust fan/motor, combustion fan, high/low sensor, air sensor, chimney sweep, and the T clean out. Basically anything else you can think of. Like I said, I've read a lot...I know this stove inside and out.

Any thoughts why the flame might go out and then read Error 0?

Thanks.
Dave

Dave,

Sounds like you done all the proper checks and cleanings. Hopefully someone can chime in on what the error code 0 means.
I recall other Rika /Austroflamm owners having error code issues but cannot recall the code number. If my memory is correct one solution was to unplug the stove for 10 - 20 mins. You have done this with your cleanings . What do you have to lose.
Hopefully this will bump your thread back to the top of the forum, so more knowledgeable owners can input.

Good luck

Thanks Pinetop for showing some interest! Still no luck (or replies) though. Stove went out 3 times today! No real reason that I can figure out. Once during a CL cycle, and twice while I wasn't home, but the wife said no manual changes were made. The one thing I did notice and tried last night was opening the door a hair during the CL cycle. This didn't show much while the door was open, but when I shut the door, the air flow through the pot started again, and the flame started right back up. It's almost as if the air flow diminishes during the CL, and sometimes the flame just can't recoup afterwards. Does that make sense? Is my clean cycle too long? Does anyone know how to reduce the CL cycle time..Is that worth trying?
Thanks,
Dave

Thanks Pinetop for showing some interest! Still no luck (or replies) though. Stove went out 3 times today! No real reason that I can figure out. Once during a CL cycle, and twice while I wasn't home, but the wife said no manual changes were made. The one thing I did notice and tried last night was opening the door a hair during the CL cycle. This didn't show much while the door was open, but when I shut the door, the air flow through the pot started again, and the flame started right back up. It's almost as if the air flow diminishes during the CL, and sometimes the flame just can't recoup afterwards. Does that make sense? Is my clean cycle too long? Does anyone know how to reduce the CL cycle time..Is that worth trying?
Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,
Here is a file which when opened , should be the owners manual for the Integra II Maybe you have this. Not alot of info but may be helpful.. /////Page 25 has info on changing CL cycle times.// -I kept mine at factory 60 mins.- ///You may have noticed when the stove ran better, that during cleaning cycle fan runs higher and pellets feed faster.
Page 30 has a few generic problem examples // 2nd one ? may be nearest , to your issues..

How is the burning pot > Have you cleaned under neath the pot? Just wondering if the airflow is blocked in the pot area somehow.

Hope a more experienced user can chime in

Good Luck

Attachments

• IntegraInsert stove.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 611
Are there unburned pellets in the pot after it dies?If so,your combustion fan speed is going away.If stove runs ok otherwise and then dies I would suspect this to be a motor control problem(board).If no unburned pellets,also possible board,possible air sensor.possible overheat switch.

Bob, yes the burn pot overfills with pellets as the flame is dying. The combustion fan doesn't seem to go away, or at least it doesn't seem to slow down from normal operation. I have not measured this, nor would I know how to, but from a visual/audio inspection, it does not seem to change.

I am honestly not even sure if it is happening during the CL cycle. This is only my assumption/guess, and again, it doesn't happen every time. It can go days or hours. It is completely random.

I am burning Turman pellets, and my FU setting is on 1 when I run the stove above 15 and on FU 2 when I run on a low setting under 15. I see per the manual (thanks for another copy pinetop) the cycle times are 45 to 60 minutes depending on FU 1 or 2. Can someone explain what exactly the cleaning cycle does. I would guess burn at a hotter temp to try and remove/burn some of the clinker/unburnt pellet residual. Since I am burning a pretty good pellet, is there any reason why I can't change the clean cycle to a longer time, i.e. 90 or 120 minutes?

Also, what if it is not the CL cycle...does anyone have another thoughts as to what it might be?
Thanks,
Dave

Good info.Your assumptions right about clean cycle.Do not believe you can turn it off,only change time.Changing it will not hurt anything but may have to clean out pot more often.So your combustion air is going away.This can happen only so many ways.Intake air or exhaust air disrupted,or combustion fan slowing or stopping,or big air leak.As this is intermitten,you are probably going to have to sit and watch stove to gain the needed information

Hello All,

I have been reading threads for a while now to help with my Rika Integra II insert, and I have found a lot of helpful information...Thank you.

My stove is erratically shutting down with an error 0. The only condition I can sometimes notice prior to it happening, is when A.) the stove temp is turned down say from 35 to 5, and/or B.) when the stove goes into CL (clean) mode. I am not positive if either A or B is true, nor does it consistently happen...it is very sporadic- sometimes once a day, sometimes once every few days. When it does happen, the burn pot flame dies down, but the auger continues to feed pellets, and both fans (exhaust and convection) are still running. I can't figure it out.

To resolve, I dump the pellets out of the burn pot. Scrape the burn pot for any clinker. Hit the start button, and it fires right up.

Within the last month, I have cleaned every nook and cranny- the clean out on right, removed exhaust fan/motor, combustion fan, high/low sensor, air sensor, chimney sweep, and the T clean out. Basically anything else you can think of. Like I said, I've read a lot...I know this stove inside and out.

Any thoughts why the flame might go out and then read Error 0?

Thanks.
Dave
Dave,

I work for Lucky, the importer of the stove. Set and leave the stove at FU2. No need to change it back and forth for lower or higher output settings. Also make sure you're cleaning behind the cast iron walls roughly every 1/2 ton of fuel, and that you're cleaning the exhaust manifold on the rear side of the combustion chamber at least one time annually. Use the manufacturer Annual Tech Cleaning Guide for the proper steps. Keep in mind that to do an annual service properly, you need to remove the exhaust fan. This might require a new gasket so be prepared for that possibility before you do that step.

If you continue to have problems, call Lucky's tech support. There are additional adjustments that can be made, but those need to be done with caution, and only if instructed.

Status
Not open for further replies.