Rika Integra II lock-up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schmeg

Hearth Supporter
Feb 5, 2008
Central Maine
Just had a problem tonight with my Rika Insert. Stove had been burning on 50 for several hours, everything looking normal, I went to turn down the heat and discovered that the user panel wouldn't respond to any input. Stove was running normally, finally, it stopped feeding pellets after pushing the start/stop button a few times. The panel still indicated “on 50” I let the fans run for a while, and when it was obvious the stove wasn’t going to fully shut down, I removed power to the stove, opened the door for 5 minutes, closed it re-applied power and hit the start/stop button, now everything is normal. Ever heard of this? Much like a computer locking up. Any idea's? It's running just fine now like nothing happened. All I can think of is the stove was quite warm when I went to turn it down and perhaps the control board which is mounted in the unit, (the user board is mounted on the shroud" doesn't like to get hot and maybe it got warm.

I've heard of that happening on other stoves and unplugging it solved the fault... keep your eye on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.