rikka integra error 4

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lennyc

Mar 19, 2015
ny
Hello
I have a rikka integra that continues to go to error 4.
I have owned the stove for 4 years and this problem has existed from the begining.
Igot Rikka to exchange the stove 2 years ago but the error 4 continues to display.
When this happens the stove becomes extremely loud, enough to keep us up at night.
I have noticed that the flame does not dance like my other stove.Also there is no change
in the flame when unit goes to cleaning mode. This leads me to believe that there is not
enough air flow. I have tried opening a window and gotten same results.
Also the stove has been well maintained and cleaned.

What was your other stove prior to the other Integra?? How long did you have it??

Rikka exchanged the stove for the same error message?? How long did you own the previous Integra??

What do you do for cleaning? Details would be good.

What was your other stove prior to the other Integra?? How long did you have it??

Rikka exchanged the stove for the same error message?? How long did you own the previous Integra??

What do you do for cleaning? Details would be good.
I had the first integra for 2 years and after making all kinds of adjustments per rikka tech they decided to exchange the unit.
It was for the same error code.
as far as cleaning. I clean behind the tube exchange, I take the combustion motor out and blow out the exhaust.
I also clean the openings behind the tube exchange.

Welcome to the forum. Found a manual but not error code meanings ... what specifically is #4? Freestanding or insert? How is your stove exhausted? Outside air kit?

Lake Girl, I know its not in the manual but #4 is airflow error.

I was going to ask about OAK, but I think that maybe flue needs to be cleaned with brush or Leaf blower (search forums to know how) and not just air.

Is your house airtight? If it is an OAK will help. But cleaning the flue would be a good start.
Edit Cleaned all four holes behind heat exchanger?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lake Girl
#4 is airflow error.
Figured it was likely that ... which is why I asked about exhaust set-up and OAK. Always best to have another owner chime in with specifics like your four holes clean question:)

What are you burning for pellets?

Edit: What other appliances are drawing air ... clothes dryer, bathroom/kitchen fans, furnace kicking in occasionally? How new/air tight is the house?

Status
Not open for further replies.