Rinnai ES38-P Direct Vent Propane Wall Furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had three insurance companies turn me down for homeowner's insurance due to my antiquated heating system of wall heaters. They require a central heating system with a single thermostat. Weird.

May depend on bank. In 2009 and again in 2011 my Rinnai heaters qualified as a central heat system here in NH and allowed the home to qualify for financing.

They're very popular up here and if you have to burn propane or Nat gas (just swap out the jets) they're very efficient.

Had an apartment with an empire heater, it didn't require power but was much more primitive than the Rinnai and I do not believe they qualify as a central heat system. But don't quote me on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.