RK2001UA controller temperature sensor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

HydrordyH

Hearth Supporter
Jan 27, 2010
U.P.
Greetings. So I had a little incident (long story) with my EKO boiler and I believe it smoked my temperature sensor. Where can I pick up a new sensor and about how much will it set me back? Also to replace it I believe I can just pull the control out of the slot it sits in (no tools required). Is this correct?

I was able to pull the controller out and determine the (5) (6) terminal are for the temperature sensor. Through the slot the controller sat in I followed this wire which disappears under some insulation. Not sure how to get at from this point. Any ideas?
Thanks

No special tools required is correct. Here is a link to the sensor in question: http://newhorizonstore.com/Products/102-temperature-probe-for-rk2001u.aspx

Greetings. So I had a little incident (long story) with my EKO boiler and I believe it smoked my temperature sensor. Where can I pick up a new sensor and about how much will it set me back? Also to replace it I believe I can just pull the control out of the slot it sits in (no tools required). Is this correct?

The top case panel will pry up just like a kitchen stove top does. It is held in place by friction fasteners just like the exchanger access. The controller box case is held to the top case panel by screws but no need to separate. With the boiler cooled, pry the top case panel up at the front and support it with a 2x4 piece of wood or anything that you have handy. There is a one inch layer of rockwool that may come up with the top panel. Root around all you want in there, the only thing to damage would be the wiring out of your control box.

I was able to pull the controller out and determine the (5) (6) terminal are for the temperature sensor. Through the slot the controller sat in I followed this wire which disappears under some insulation. Not sure how to get at from this point. Any ideas?
Thanks

RK2001UA uses a 2 kΩ @ 25 degC PTC thermistor. Might be worthwhile to solder up an assembly inside some shrink-tubing.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en?mpart=202PS1J&vendor=615

ewdudley,
I know this thread is a little old......
I'm looking for a replacement temp probe for my EKO 25, the mice chewed away at the insulation over the summer, still kindof works but it must be shorting out ever now and then because the temp reading spikes to 230+ for no apparent reason. I tried your link above but their website must have changed.
Do you or anyone else know a cheap source for these probes? I know I can get one from New Horizon but they seem expensive for a simple part.
Thanks,
Bob