Rocksett for pellet stove cracked glass - new product

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Cracked ceramic glass needs to be replaced.

That product is not intended for that purpose. In the literature on their website somebody asked if a crack in a ceramic cooktop could be fixed with it and the manufacturer's answer was no. A ceramic cooktop and the glass in a pellet stove are essentially the same material.
Ron

That product is not intended for that purpose. In the literature on their website somebody asked if a crack in a ceramic cooktop could be fixed with it and the manufacturer's answer was no. A ceramic cooktop and the glass in a pellet stove are essentially the same material.
Ron
You probably won't believe this however I have run a austroflamme 1993 pellet stove for three years with a cracked glass. Am thinking of getting replaced for sure. Just curious; and also I hear that the glass in the pellet stove doesn't get that ridiculously hot. Thanx. I guess I just thought it would be worth a try seeing as tho it is non toxic as well. Thanx guys!

You probably won't believe this however I have run a austroflamme 1993 pellet stove for three years with a cracked glass. Am thinking of getting replaced for sure. Just curious; and also I hear that the glass in the pellet stove doesn't get that ridiculously hot. Thanx. I guess I just thought it would be worth a try seeing as tho it is non toxic as well. Thanx guys!
No children or pets in the home.

An engineer stated that using rocksett would probably make the glass crack more due to differences in the thermal expansion factor "most certainly".