Roo the price was right

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

My newest toy a Husky with 2 chains and two bars. The only thing wrong was, the chain sproket cover was missing both nuts and washers
Cost me $.65 to buy replacements. So I guess I'm a converted Husky owner. How will I live with it I will try to tough it out 357 Xp for $.65

Attachments

• husky.jpg
    husky.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 522
$65. for the end total cost of the Husqvarna 357XP , Damn man..............I almost feel sorry for you , NOT!

He(( of a deal there brotherman and looks to be in great shape, we need some cold weather in the next few years so you can burn the 40 cords of wood your fix-n to cut up with that saw. ;-)

Roospike said:
$65. for the end total cost of the Husqvarna 357XP , Damn man..............I almost feel sorry for you , NOT!

He(( of a deal there brotherman and looks to be in great shape, we need some cold weather in the next few years so you can burn the 40 cords of wood your fix-n to cut up with that saw. ;-)

Sixty-five cents Spike. Sixty-five cents.

not $65 but sixty five cents, The cost of two nuts washers and lock nuts

$0.65 and not $65.00 ..........!

Its purity bad when you go to cut wood and the gas is you biggest investment ! :bug:

Well now , i guess that puts the saw up and over the level of being a "He(( of a deal"
Good for you ole' ELKer ! Its nice to get a outstanding deal once in a wile , I'm sure you had it coming to you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess i was reading it needed the sproket cover and the nuts. After re-reading the post its me thats "nuts" :roll:

hey elk I will double your money right now...can I buy it for $1.50 :)

Interested in making a 10000% profit, I'll gladly pay $65 for a good working saw

Elk... you didnt buy that saw, you stole it. Id expect investagators at the dorr any time.

Nice saw Elk and great price

I do a lot of work for these folks ,regular customer for years. I fix their computers, then do carpentry, repair their bobcat skid steer loader. The carpentry I get paid ,but reduce the hourly wages because I make up for it in other ways, like this. Right now. I will be replacing the LCD on their lap top, so consider the laptop for the chainsaw. I also helped set them up with a website networked their computers. Up grade them clean them up. I am certified MS A+ tech. Yet I work on my Power Mac my wife an G5 Imac Guess what they were all not working before they arrived. I bought them cheap and repaired them.

I put my new saw to the test I had 2 20' average 24" oak rounds on the ground given to me to cut up for fire wood

My old stihl farm boss 041 16" bar would do the job but nothing like the Husky 357 XP the difference was amazing
Also helpfull was the 18" bar both chainsaws had very sharp chains the same 3/8 teeth.

I'm sold this saw is awsome. Been a long time since I had a a modern saw in my hands I mean a real saw not the cheap poulaans I have.
that people just give up on and give me them.

These rounds are so heavy that I split them into sizeable pieces with the maul and wegde quite a workout

It fired on the second pull

After going from Craftsman , Poulan and Homelite chainsaws to the modern Husqvarna chainsaws i own now my first thoughts were .............."WOW ! Now why didnt somebody tell me there was such a difference in chainsaws !"

Glad the Husqvarna works well for you brother ELK , now get back to work for next year! ( or is it for the year after? )

Already have 3 years ahead cut and split. This is working on the 4 th years supply.

You thak free wood whenever you can get it Yesterday before the football games I took a full pk load out and back to my place./
most ot is split done by hand. I figured to always do a certain amount by hand for excersise and to assure myself I can still do it

Status
Not open for further replies.