Round Chimney Oven

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elle

Burning Hunk
Apr 20, 2012
North East Pennsylvania
Hi all...I joined last year, well maybe earlier this year, lol. But didn't buy a stove yet. I decided to rip down the walls and insulate from one inch of rigid foam to "poor mans spray foam" and r-19. Also added some new argon filled windows to keep in the heat and that all took a good chunk of the budget so I'm saving again in order to buy a stove for next year.

One question that I have-using an oven with the stove-how do you do it? I did a search but not much came up in the way of making an oven or using an oven (one that is separate from the stove as in not a cook stove with an oven but a regular wood stove). My aunt was talking about using one some years ago with her wood stove and from what she described it sounds like this in the link-you will have to scroll down to Round Chimney Oven. Just wondering if there are any opinions on this? What do you guys do? I don't see me baking a lot...but I don't know...I just might enjoy it :)

Thanks

http://www.kansaswindpower.net/wood_stove.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.