Round Oak adapter situation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

crobinson98

Feb 12, 2024
Carbondale, CO
Hi everyone,
I've been doing some research and I am stumped at the moment. I have a Round Oak Square Base Door Model T-3 and a double wall stove pipe that has an 8" inner diameter and a 10" outer diameter. I need to connect the stove to the double wall pipe. I know that a 7" single wall pipe bent into an oval will connect directly to the stove, so I need to find an adapter for 7" single wall to 8" ID - 10" OD double wall pipe. I've talked to several people who don't know the answer so I thought I'd prod the crowd here. Is this an adapter that exists or would it be a custom fabrication project? Thanks for any and all help.

Here is the stove before the renovation project occured and the parts were lost to the void:
1707773070422.png

Here is the double wall pipe I need to connect to:
1707773174864.png

Hi everyone,
I've been doing some research and I am stumped at the moment. I have a Round Oak Square Base Door Model T-3 and a double wall stove pipe that has an 8" inner diameter and a 10" outer diameter. I need to connect the stove to the double wall pipe. I know that a 7" single wall pipe bent into an oval will connect directly to the stove, so I need to find an adapter for 7" single wall to 8" ID - 10" OD double wall pipe. I've talked to several people who don't know the answer so I thought I'd prod the crowd here. Is this an adapter that exists or would it be a custom fabrication project? Thanks for any and all help.

Here is the stove before the renovation project occured and the parts were lost to the void:
View attachment 324676

Here is the double wall pipe I need to connect to:
View attachment 324677
You need the proper chimney adapter for that brand of chimney pipe. That will get you to 8" round single wall. Then you simply need a 7 to 8 increaser.

Reactions: Piney
Im back, this time looking for a specific part if anyone has an idea! I need to find a double to single wall adapter for the existing double wall pipe I have. Here is a pic of the label and unfortunately this is all I've got.
1709584751176.png

From the searching I have done, it loks like this is an old Selkirk 'Metalbestos' pipe that is no longer manufactured. The ID (8") and OD (10") match but my issue is that the new adapters that I can find online are threaded. This pipe is not threaded - see here:
1709584875915.png

The closest thing I can find for a reducer is this but it will not fit becasue it is threaded. I really at a loss here and if anyone can help me find this part I would be so so grateful!!

By threaded do you mean the slanted tabs on the adapter? From what chimney pipe I have seen they all have some tab to lock the sections together. Assuming there the same brand 1 end or the other of your pipe should receive that adapter.

Im back, this time looking for a specific part if anyone has an idea! I need to find a double to single wall adapter for the existing double wall pipe I have. Here is a pic of the label and unfortunately this is all I've got.
View attachment 325448
From the searching I have done, it loks like this is an old Selkirk 'Metalbestos' pipe that is no longer manufactured. The ID (8") and OD (10") match but my issue is that the new adapters that I can find online are threaded. This pipe is not threaded - see here:View attachment 325449
The closest thing I can find for a reducer is this but it will not fit becasue it is threaded. I really at a loss here and if anyone can help me find this part I would be so so grateful!!
It may be to old to get parts unfortunately some are and in that case it will need replaced

By threaded do you mean the slanted tabs on the adapter? From what chimney pipe I have seen they all have some tab to lock the sections together. Assuming there the same brand 1 end or the other of your pipe should receive that adapter.
Not all have tabs or twist locks. Some are just screwed some use only bands etc

Bummer, I have reached out to selkirk to see if they can help. Thanks anyway.
Do you have house insurance? If not, a safe fab up will do. We live beyond the reach of insurers and are free to mix brands as we like. We just need to ensure things lock together etc.
Don’t do it if you don’t know what is what tho. It’s serious stuff.