1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Royall Pressurized Boiler

Post in 'The Boiler Room - Wood Boilers and Furnaces' started by jdurant, Dec 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdurant

jdurant New Member

Loc:
    Blairsville PA
    Hey Eric, I got another question for you (the guru) I was wondering if I can install a royall pressurized outdoor (wood/coal) boiler in my workshop (detached from home). I want to install it inside out of sight. I will run the chimney through my roof and tie the piping into my existing pressurized (Burnham oil boiler) and logwood coal/wood boiler. Do the outdoor boilers vent any different than the indoor ones? I want the outdoor because it is insulated and can take a larger fuel load than buying a traditional indoor wood boiler. Do you see a problem?? I live in the mountin ridgeline of Western PA

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Eric Johnson

Eric Johnson Mod Emeritus

Loc:
    Central NYS
    I had mine in my barn. I built an insulated, cinderblock room in there with the chimney going straight up through the roof. I used an ss Duratech insulated pre-fab chimney.

The boiler drafted just fine and operated just like an indoor boiler. I lost the benefit of the radiant from the chimney and most of the radiant from the boiler itself, but it got hot water into the basement, which is what I wanted it to do.

I believe the Royall outdoor units are basically identical to the indoor rigs, just with an insulated shell.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.