Rt. 27 Belgrade, ME Scrounge Opportunity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utilitrack

Feeling the Heat
Oct 14, 2008
Central ME
I burn pellets, not wood, but I noticed that Lucas Tree was doing some serious cutting on Rt. 27 today just north of the Rt. 23 intersection. Tons of big wood piled up all along this section of road, most looks easily accesible. FWIW.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Nice of you to post this for others. Thank you.

Good deal . . . a few years back a crew came through on my road . . . mentioned that I would love to take any wood that they cut but they said they generally just leave it on the land owner's property rather than take it since so many folks burn wood or know someone who burns wood. Makes it tough to scrounge.

My pleasure Sav! Though I only burn wood in my fire pit, I do love to stop by the "Wood Shed" as I am constantly amazed by the hard work that serious burners put in, the stacks of many on here are impressive!,

FFJ- I did not ask the crew about scrounging, but based on the size and amount of wood I would assume that there will be some people that want it gone. There were some large pine and mixed hardwoods all limbed, some cut up I assume by landowners, but most was still tree length. Worth checking if in the Augusta/Belgrade area.

Status
Not open for further replies.