RTF =s WTF

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillM2

Hearth Supporter
Dec 23, 2010
Mid-Hudson Valley
When installing my Englander 25 PDVC stove, I used RTF (red) sealant between the exhaust pipe joints. I would now like to remove the pipes for cleaning and maintenance but it appears the RTF has really sealed (as it should) the pipes so tightly, I cannot twist them apart.

Any suggestions? These are the pipes directly out the back of the stove.

Thanks!

Next go try using self bonding silicone tape. Easier and neater and wide enough to get the job done and can cut on joint to disassemble pipe.

Rutland makes a nice pellet vent brush and flexible shafting btw.

I think you mean RTV.......Silicone. (Loctite/Permatex) Manufactured in many colors and temperature ratings.

I think you mean RTV.......Silicone. (Loctite/Permatex) Manufactured in many colors and temperature ratings.

Could be RTF (Room Temperature Foooey).....;lol

I just use self sealing pipe. At the appliance where I attach the adapter, I use mil pak. Its crunchier

Status
Not open for further replies.