run, dont walk for this great deal!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregbesia

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 26, 2009
central CT
2162603670.html
hartford craigslist > for sale / wanted > general for sale

A
Giant ALLNIGHTER GRAMPA MOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!only a handfull made, special edition.
Had it totally polished up 1 yr ago, surface rust now from greenhouse. It heats 3.5000 sq feet, blower included and I have the original blower caps. Collectors edition. You will never see another one like this.....ever. For the allnighter enthusiast only, works perfect and working now.
5.000.00, yep thats right, 5K for this rarest of all the allnighters ever made. I am going to re do it and put it in storage, so if it doesnt sell thats okay, No haggling, price is firm. Look at the pics and enjoy seeing one of the special edition models made exclusively for VIP Glastonbury CT. Its a feast for the eyes if your a crazy wood stove lover like me.
203-528-8333

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or ot

Attachments

• 3nc3k43pe5O45Q65T6b1f9008b0b17fa510d7.jpg
    3nc3k43pe5O45Q65T6b1f9008b0b17fa510d7.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 920
  • 3m53p73l15O05W15X3b1f5e3430e418401050.jpg
    3m53p73l15O05W15X3b1f5e3430e418401050.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 898
  • 3ka3m33l45Q35U35X0b1f56d8d528e4d5152d.jpg
    3ka3m33l45Q35U35X0b1f56d8d528e4d5152d.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 897
Pass, bigtime!

I'll pay a dollar to look at it and snap a few pics while it's in storage...

gregbesia said:
2162603670.html
hartford craigslist > for sale / wanted > general for sale

A
Giant ALLNIGHTER GRAMPA MOE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!only a handfull made, special edition.
Had it totally polished up 1 yr ago, surface rust now from greenhouse. It heats 3.5000 sq feet, blower included and I have the original blower caps. Collectors edition. You will never see another one like this.....ever. For the allnighter enthusiast only, works perfect and working now.
5.000.00, yep thats right, 5K for this rarest of all the allnighters ever made. I am going to re do it and put it in storage, so if it doesnt sell thats okay, No haggling, price is firm. Look at the pics and enjoy seeing one of the special edition models made exclusively for VIP Glastonbury CT. Its a feast for the eyes if your a crazy wood stove lover like me.
203-528-8333

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or ot

All three stoves I currently own Cost me a TOTAL of $1,800.

That guy must be growing the good stuff in the greenhouse.

"For the allnighter enthusiast only"
Whew...I can't get it as I'm not enthusiastic here.

"You will never see another one like this.....ever. "

I sure hope so.

How does he "polish up" the rusted steel? LMFAO
And in a year it looks like that, overfired time after time after time.
Gimme some of dat acid space cadet!!!!!!!!

Ya Right, ILL be right over to get it

BrowningBAR said:

The two stoves I've used for the last 20 years have cost me a grand total of 300 bucks and a free guitar repair I did for my buddy who gave me the last stove. And I got almost a cord of 3 year seasoned hardwood with the Vigilant... which would have sold in these parts for about $300. So, I basically got the stoves for free. By never having to use the electric heat, I saved about $3000/year, or $60K, minus the cost of wood.

At an average over the years of about $100/cord, I figured it cost me about $12,500 for 125 cord, so I saved over $45K. Now I can afford to get a really nice truck to scrounge free wood with and I'll be back to square one again.

If this guy is serious, that's by far the best outrageous CL ad I've seen for old junky stoves. Much better than all of the rusted out Franklin stoves people want many hundreds of dollars for.

I called the guy...

He said he'd take $4975. for it.

I'm gonna go see it tomorrow.

PB

-----

Battenkiller said:
BrowningBAR said:

The two stoves I've used for the last 20 years have cost me a grand total of 300 bucks and a free guitar repair I did for my buddy who gave me the last stove. And I got almost a cord of 3 year seasoned hardwood with the Vigilant... which would have sold in these parts for about $300. So, I basically got the stoves for free. By never having to use the electric heat, I saved about $3000/year, or $60K, minus the cost of wood.

At an average over the years of about $100/cord, I figured it cost me about $12,500 for 125 cord, so I saved over $45K. Now I can afford to get a really nice truck to scrounge free wood with and I'll be back to square one again.

Vigilant: $400
Intrepid: $400
Heritage: $1000

Looking forward to next year of not installing a stove...

Peter B. said:
I called the guy...

He said he'd take $4975. for it.

I'm gonna go see it tomorrow.

PB

-----

Dang...Looks like I'm too late again for this bargain.

If there are "All Nighter Enthusiasts" on the level that Coaly is a Fisher Enthusiast, (Which is doubtful, because Fishers were originals and All nighters were ripoffs of them...) then MAYBE that enthusiast would care about some unusual or rare stove like that IF it was in supremely good shape like the Fisher Enthusiasts seem to find, and even THEN that enthusiast might pay 1/3 of what that guy is asking. But hey he might as well ask. Maybe those guys from "Pickers" can be convinced. Anyone watch that show? Amazing the stuff those old codgers they visit refuse to part with even for big bucks...

That looks like a bigger version of my stove! I paid $629 brand new.

My dad has an all nighter like that, except I suppose his would be considered in "mint" condition compared to this (after 30 years of use). He doesn't know it, but he's sitting on a GOLDMINE!!!!!! It even has the highly desirable glass door...aka creosote indicator.

I hope he still has it. Thats one sweet stove. I'll call right away.

Now if I can only find some broken fishing enthusiasts, I could make a sweet $5k per broken fishing pole.

All I gotta say, is if this guy gets more than $500 for that stove (It does have some value) congratz to him for praying on the moronic public.

You know what we should all do, is start emailing him with offers and scheduling PU appointments.

Status
Not open for further replies.