Running 2 pellet stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slrvette

Mar 3, 2013
Hi all,
I'm new and have a question. Presently I have a saranac insert in the living room that runs off a wall thermostat. I've added an additional stove (Bosca) in the back room, which also can be used with a thermostat. My question is can I run both stoves off the one thermostat or do I have to use a seperate stat?
thanks

Hi all,
I'm new and have a question. Presently I have a saranac insert in the living room that runs off a wall thermostat. I've added an additional stove (Bosca) in the back room, which also can be used with a thermostat. My question is can I run both stoves off the one thermostat or do I have to use a seperate stat?
thanks
I doubt you would be happy with it since it will shut off both stoves at the same time and most of the time with two stoves one end of the house will get up to temp before the other one does.

Use a separate t-stat. Each stove provides a voltage on its thermostat line; sharing a t-stat would effectively wire the two stoves together, potentially damaging one or both of them.

thanks for the quick reply. You make a valid point, unfortunetly if I add the additional stat is going to be in the same location as the others. Reason is, is because the layout is an older farmhouse. L.R, D.R in the center (stat location), then the new addition we put on,on the other side. So there is a stove on each side and is pretty much open all the way thru. The Bosca pumps out a ton of heat and is very efficient with its pellets. I'm sure that your right, but from your reply I'm assuming that I could wire it up to try and it wouldn't hurt either control boards?

Just saw Swineflue's reply. Thats exactly what i was concerned about. Seperate stats it is. Thank you for the quick replies

Status
Not open for further replies.