1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

running on 9 all the time?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by sculptor, Nov 9, 2012.

1. sculptor

sculptor Member

Loc:
    central nc
    My house is only comfortable when I run my stove on 9. It's not the stove. The stove is working beautifully!! It's an old house with poor insulation and 12' ceilings. Will it harm the stove to run it on 9 all the time?? I occasionally turn it down to 8 because I fear I may be harming it in the long run?

Once I learned EVERY place to clean it, and learned how to do maintenance and minor repairs like changing out the combustion blower, etc. Add a quality pellet like Turmans and this stove is purring!

Thanks again to this site and the great folks at Englander!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SmokeyTheBear

SmokeyTheBear Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Standish, ME
    Fix your heat loss (insulation, air sealing, windows) situation so you don't need to run it on 9 all the time. Those stoves are built like tanks but no need to run them over mines and allow the 88's to take pot shots at'em. Besides it will reduce the pellet costs and likely to also help with any air conditioning bills.
    Brokenwing and subsailor like this.
  3. tony58

tony58 Member

Loc:
    Joelton,Tennessee(Near Nashville)
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I would address the insulation problem.Last year I added insulaion to my attic and it made a huge difference.The $450.00 I spent to have it blown in will pay for itself in no time.Cold weather isn't here yet...
    As far as hurting your stove I can't answer.
  4. subsailor

subsailor Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Winthrop, Maine
    There's a whole bunch of people out there that are gonna be scratching their heads over this one!o_O
    bugize likes this.
  5. stoveguy2esw

stoveguy2esw Minister of Fire

Loc:
    madison hgts. va
    running on 9 will not hurt the unit. if the unit starts to see itself getting too hot it would error out before it damaged anything