Running pellet stove with a generator.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Branson4720

Burning Hunk
I know that this has been debated here forever.....but I'll add my 20 cents worth. :roll: Last October we had 24'' of snow here and the power went out for almost 5 days. So what the heck.....I decided to see if the PTO genset would run the Accentra w/o cooking the control board. To my amazement it ran perfectly! I do realize that the genny is well over 10KW and produces nice, clean, stable power. The HZ meter didn't fluctuate at all....but that's 47 HP of Cummins diesel running the show. :) OK.....now that I've re-opened this hot topic, have fun with it!! :bug:

Attachments

• DSC_6739 (Custom).jpg
    DSC_6739 (Custom).jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 356
schwing.jpg

that's a MANLY set up..how much fuel did you use?

Not that much.....about 15 gals. of diesel over 5 days. I ran it @ the PTO 720 rpm setting with the Tractor RPM's @ about 1250. When I placed a large load on it (well pump) the tractor governor kicked in and kept the HZ stable. Believe me.....I was monitoring it like a hawk and was VERY impressed w/the performance! My wife even ran the dishwasher when the pellet stove was running.....NO problem.

Of course....the tractor didn't run 24/7....I did exercise some restraint! ran it @ 3-4 hr. intervals to keep the fridges/freezer cold and have water/hot water for showers.....and of course clean dishes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.