1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Running Pellet Vent Through Cinder Block Wall?

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by richg, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. richg

richg Minister of Fire

Gang,

I'm remodeling the rec room in the spring, and want to move my p61a to a different location in the room. House is built on grade, and there are two places I'd like to put it, both of which require going through a cinder block wall. After drilling the required size hole with a rotary hammer, what kind of pipe? Can I get away with standard pellet pipe, should flexible stainless be used, ??????? Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. MountainStoveGuy

MountainStoveGuy New Member

Loc:
    Northern Colorado Mountains
    just use standard pellet pipe, and make the hole big enough for the thimble, OR use a storm collar for a trim collar (painted of course). You woulnd want to use flex pipe, that wouldnt look to good. Dont forget if your going vertical then horizontal the stove will breath easier on 4 inch pipe.
  3. Homefire

Homefire New Member

Careful with the insulation in the blocks, perlite or vermiculite is use and could pose some danger to your lungs.
    I bought a 5" hole saw that has a tungsten/carbide cutting edge. Make for a really nice hole in blocks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.