Rutland Dry Creosote Remover Chimney Treatment???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it will do something is some special circumstance, but I think they are worthless on the whole. Get a brush and a ladder. If you have a full liner, you can clean it in 30 minutes or less, counting setting the ladders and taking out the baffle.

The best creosote control solution is to burn dry wood properly.

Hi Im John...
i have question...
the rutland dry creosote remover chimney treatment is any good if i have SS liner in chimney?
this is my second season and last year i was using that in my red brick chimney...
now i have liner in and i have mix info about that product...
anybody can help???
What "mixed info" do you have?

That product will NOT stop creosote. It WILL convert glazed creosote into a dry flaky substance which is easier to brush out of the flue and/or stove.

I used it the first year I burned and it DID help me through the learning curve.

Tip: if you purchase it, don't pay $17 on Amazon. Just go to your local Tractor Supply or FarmFLeet store and get it for $9 a tub (2lbs)

I use a 2 tbsp scoop every week and a half give or take in my ss, tall exterior chimney. It accumulates a real thin (1/8") glaze after a month if I don't use it. It gets converted to a flake and bushes off very easily after 2 months with regular use. I am still on the learning curve though on how to run my stove. Sometimes I get a dirty glass and I assume it dirty the chimney as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.