S242E Warped Door

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shrekola

Dec 2, 2022
Canada
Hi y'alls,

A couple of months back my boss pawned off a S242E (or something, S244's all have the door on the opposite side :( ) onto me - Got it set up but not too long ago I came to find out the door was warped pretty good up near the arch. I replaced the gasket and it was okay for a couple of weeks, but now it's back to freaky uncontrollable fires since the gasket flattened out and won't seal properly. Since the door has been discontinued, and I can't find another one anywhere else, I am thinking to resort to the BFG to try and fix it (not too sure about this since cast iron is pretty brittle), or should I simply use a bigger gasket?
Thanks!