Safe to burn???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

creek chub

Sep 28, 2015
Va
Any input if this crack may be safe to burn with as is until I get the insert replaced?

Thanks

Last edited:
Those cracks are pretty bad they have been there for a while. At this point they may effect performance a little bit but they don't pose a safety risk.

You have the wrong brick in the stove as well btw

Any input if this crack may be safe to burn with as is until I get the insert replaced?

It’s a bad picture of the crack in the weld on the left.

Thanks

3882BA04-07A7-4219-8FC6-D1F8DF683A7D.jpeg

The baffles are also destroyed and the tubes shoe signs of lots of heat. Your sweep should have told you to get the baffle replaced under warranty a few years ago it may have saved this trouble

The baffles are also destroyed and the tubes shoe signs of lots of heat. Your sweep should have told you to get the baffle replaced under warranty a few years ago it may have saved this trouble
So you think it’s safe to burn with new baffles?

So you think it’s safe to burn with new baffles?
Yes. Honestly you are lucky regency offered you anything under warranty. They could have easily denied the claim due to improper maintenance.

I’ll be looking for a new sweep
I would recommend pulling the baffels and brick to inspect the actual firebox for any damage. It is very unlikely but you should check to be on the safe side.

I would recommend pulling the baffels and brick to inspect the actual firebox for any damage. It is very unlikely but you should check to be on the safe side.
I have new baffles to replace these. I pulled the brick and there’s no noticeable damage.

Would these types of cracks cause increased air and lower burn times?
Not really. The volume of air coming in hasn't changed. The difference is there is now a little air leaking into the firebox through those cracks so the air isn't distributed as designed. It will change the way the secondary burns happen a little bit.

Reactions: creek chub