Safety double wall insulation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sirfranky

Hearth Supporter
Oct 14, 2009
Puget Sound
I recently put an Arrow woodstove in my shop. I had more than enough double wall insulated pipe to go around i decided that since this is a shop for extra safety I would stack the doublewall insulation pipe on the stove and run it all the way up and through the roof. Is there any safety issues in doing this .... Of course the pipe will absorb heat while sitting directly on the stove can it cause any other issues?

Thanks

I've heard of class A chimney installed directly on a wood stove causing "hot spots" because there was no way for the heat to dissopate

How do you connect Class A directly to the stove with out stove pipe? Also i think you will loosed a good amount of heat. I really don't see the benefit. Stove pipe is so cheap i would sell the Class A ebay/craigslist

I would put at least one section of connector pipe on the stove, then convert to the class A pipe. Use a roof support bracket to support the weight of the class A pipe.

I do there is at least one person on here who ran the stainless class A all the way down to his stove. He never did report any problems. He posted a picture last year sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.