1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

safety features? Harman, st croix, lopi

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by jchick, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jchick

jchick New Member

Loc:
    planville,ma
    Hey all,
    I was looking at 2 stoves the ST.Croix hayden, the Harman xxv, and now the Lopi Leyden has crept into the mix. I have still not decided, but I was curious about the safety features on the these three stoves. The only dealer to elaborate on the features was the St Croix dealer. Do all stoves have an automatic shut off? Anybody with info on the safety features on the 3 stoves would be great. Thanks jeff

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Automatic shut-off resulting from what? Over temperature? Low fuel? Loss of vacuum?
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Most of the stoves I've looked at have the same basic safety features. hi/low temp, no flame, no vacuum, over temp. A few add a hopper lid switch. Some have an auger jam shutoff.

But I wouldn't let this be the primary criteria for buying a pellet stove unless it lacked the basics. Efficiency, hopper size, looks, low maintenance, quiet operation, and quality components are more important considerations in my book.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.