Sales Idea. Would You Buy?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneillys

Feeling the Heat
May 5, 2009
Bernhards Bay, NY
Here is my idea I want to have 4 suppliers and put together a skid that has 5 bags of each type of pellet. Included in the skid will be a price sheet including the price for pick up and delivery of each different brand included. I would sell the 20 bag skid picked up for $100 and deliver it for $125. Does this sound like some thing any of you would like? I don't want to waste time tearing down skids then have no sales. Thanks in advance for any comments!

That just might work for the people on tight budgets and no storage room. Nice idea for trials of unknown brands too.

What brands would you carry?

I am hoping for NEWP, Tree Cycle, Cubex, and the Okies. Mostly it would be for people to try them out and see what brand they like. We all ready sell a half ton delivered for $140 for people that have storage issues and such.

A distributor in this area recently made a four bags for $10.00 offer: 2 bags of Barefoot and 2 bags of Okanagans.

I happily drove the 20 miles to take advantage of the offer as I had wanted to try both brands. Barefoot and Okanagans . . . . That is a no brainer.

As Tjakeman suggested, it would depend on the four brands that you would offer, but if I were in your area, and folks on this forum had not severely disrespected the brands, I would be VERY interested.

Let us know how your plan does, or does not, work and good luck.

Ranger

Just read your updated post with brands.

I would definately be interested.

Ranger

I think it is a great way for people to try a number of pellets prior to buying an entire ton or more. I believe there is a pellet dealer in the central MA area that will allow you to do something similar. They'll place on a pallet any number of bags from a variety of manufacturers that you choose. At least they used to offer this... Not sure now if they still do.

I say go for it! What do you have to lose?

Good idea for new stove owners or folks looking for new pellet brands...

I would be interested prolly not worth me driving 90 miles, but its tempting with quality brands like that.

Be like going to a bar with your stove, and the bartender says "what'll ya have, fellas?"... and the stove asks you If you are buying, to which you say "Ya Man, whatever you want" and then your pellet stove orders a Long Island Tea, top shelf made w/ Cubex and Okies....

Status
Not open for further replies.