Sam's Club annual Pennington sale

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJN644

Feeling the Heat
Nov 4, 2007
Maine
The local Sam's club here in Maine held their one day Pennington sale yesterday. I swung through around 8:00 am just to check it it out, no one there other than 2 employees. Then again they wanted $225 a ton for them, I think they were cheaper last year. Last year there was a waiting line, I bought 1 ton just to try them out and I think I was in line over 1/2 an hour. What a difference a year makes.

what sam's? scarborough?

I might check this out.
I burned 3 ton of pennington's with ok results. A few fines, but otherwise decent cheap pellet.

Remember buying pellets maybe 5 yrs ago at Sams for $143 ton

strangemainer said:
what sam's? scarborough?

I might check this out.
I burned 3 ton of pennington's with ok results. A few fines, but otherwise decent cheap pellet.

This was the Augusta store. You can get Maine Woods from Tractor Supply for $204.50 a ton, and the specs form Twin Ports testing looks pretty good on their newest batch.

Status
Not open for further replies.