Santa Fe not following thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Barenaked

Jan 7, 2017
Juneau, AK
We have a fairly new Santa Fe pellet stove with the stock (cheap) white thermostat hooked up to it. The stove runs fine when I turn it on, but it seems to turn off before it gets the room to the temperature on the thermostat and never comes back on by itself when the room gets colder.

If I simply turn the thermostat down until I hear the click, and turn it back up past the click again, it starts right back up with no problems.

Any ideas?

When I search for one, Im finding a lot of non-programmable ones in that price range. Could you be so kind as to link me the one you are referring to?

Thanks for the reply.

For some reason my links aren't copying correctly. Internet search for home depot rth2300b which is approximately $23, or rth221b approx $19.

When you turn the thermostat down and back up it Resets the board in the pellet stove. It has shut the stove down for a reason, ie Stove to hot, flame not detected, loss of vacuum etc.
To verify this, Next time it quits heating push the Reset button on the stove and if the thermostat is calling for heat it will restart, This tells us that the thermostat is working as it should and the issue is in the stove.

Changing the Thermostat most likely won't fix the problem...

There are a few members on here that are sharp at trouble shooting this stove, so be patient and one of them will be along soon to help you.

I forgot Welcome to the board.

Sorry you are having issues. My stock tstat is 10 years old, and working fine. kap

Thanks all. It doesn't hurt to change out the thermo to give that a try at this price point and Ill try the reset as well. It is nice to have such active forums for this. I wasn't expecting that.

One question I would have is when it hasn't started back up, have you been there and seen it not try? Sometimes you can get a misfire, and would cause this same thing also. kap