Sante Fe fire problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asrt38

Oct 3, 2015
Missouri
Tried lighting my Sante Fe and having trouble with it. I cleaned the hopper and auger out. I have the feed gate all the way open. When it starts it will run pellets in the fire pot but doesn't seem to put enough in the pot. After the fire starts it will start to put pellets in the fire pot but by that time the fire is about out and will eventfully go out about a minute later. After the fire goes out if you reset the stove it go ahead and take off just fine. Haven't ever had any problems. Any suggestions

Maybe there is an obstruction in the augur? Try taking it out and taking a look. Other option is maybe your thermocouple is not all the way inserted into the ceramic shield.

Reactions: FLAMES ON
Make sure the thermocouple is not damaged and that the ceramic cover is slid until the thermocouple touches it.

I had this problem with my Santa Fe when using bad pellets. I thought I would try a diffrent pellet at the begingin of last heating season. To get me through it I would take a small handfull of pellets and put them in the pot prior to starting the stove. After going back to my regular pellets it was fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.