Saturday score... Oak

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

claydogg84

Minister of Fire
Sep 9, 2013
Salt Point, NY
Well thanks to the incredibly wet snow we had this past week, a nice sized Oak (white oak I think) fell down alongside the road about 2 miles away. Took 3 heaping loads in my 2500 to get what you see in the picture. Besides a slightly tight back, I think I made out pretty good. image.jpg

Sure is oak. Beautiful burning wood. In three years of course.:)

Sure is oak. Beautiful burning wood. In three years of course.:)

I burn it after 2 myself - no MM. Those big rounds were every bit of 300 lbs. My friend helping wasn't nearly as excited as me, but I threw him around 10 pickup loads of wood last summer so he owes me ::-)

Split it small and it will burn fine in two years. There is nothing I have found that burns like white oak. It just makes so much heat!

Reactions: claydogg84
Status
Not open for further replies.