Saturdays Milling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Great weather for milling today, went back to the area we have been milling hemlock and did six boards. We still have one full log left then the one nearest the stump had one board millied off it, I'll do that last because it looks like the rhino will be pulling it out some so I can get it off the ground.

Took one chain back in (just sharpened in the morning) was still ripping good after six boards. Picture 3856 is the buildup after six boards.

Attachments

• Saturdays Milling
    100_3850.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Saturdays Milling
    100_3851.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 222
  • Saturdays Milling
    100_3852.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Saturdays Milling
    100_3853.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 219
  • Saturdays Milling
    100_3855.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 217
  • Saturdays Milling
    100_3856.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 212
  • Saturdays Milling
    100_3860.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 208
  • Saturdays Milling
    100_3861.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 211
Love those pic's. Can see the beauty of the wood, just excellent. New around here, what are they going to be used for?

Cool project. I get a sense of satisfaction from a well stacked pile. Can only imagine how that will feel when done, pretty good I bet.

Zap I'm sure that will be beautiful when you are finished.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap I'm sure that will be beautiful when you are finished.

Sav the link was just to show the board & batten. That sucks what happened to your stacks, but smokin did say if you stack in a pink pair of Carhartts your stacks will never fall down.

zap

So, my Carhartts are to blame!

Looking good Zap! How close are to having what you need for the cabin?

certified106 said:
Looking good Zap! How close are to having what you need for the cabin?

We will have a board foot count tomorrow(still have plenty to do) looking to have the milling done for the boards on the outside of the cabin before I get shut out of the woods by deep snow.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.