1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Saw a Total of Seven Different Fawns Today

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by quads, Jul 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quads

quads Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Sands, Wisconsin
    I was riding my ATV through the woods and came upon 4 fawns all playing together. I went a little further and then saw a doe and three more, even smaller, fawns! When I came back through the woods, the first 4 fawns were still there playing and jumping, not afraid of me at all. Really cool.

The doe and three fawns, I caught this picture just as the doe was leading them into the brush:
    [​IMG]

A closeup of one of the group of four fawns, just within feet of me while I sat on my ATV and watched them:
    [​IMG]

Maybe they were wondering if I was going to join them in their game:
    [​IMG]

One playing while the others keep an eye on me:
    [​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

Quads thats great, I still have not seen one fawn yet but there are about three areas I stay out of until I see them.

zap
  3. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    We've got one that has been showing up a lot lately. Now that they are on the other side of the fence I can tolerate them a bit more.
  4. Uper

Uper Member

Loc:
    Eastern UP, MI
    Just some great shots! It's always a good feeling when you see wildlife up close in their environment and when you can be some small part of it.
  5. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Down to only seeing one doe with a spotted fawn here this year. Used to be a half dozen at a time. She came up close to where I was working in the back yard with the little critter in tow like she wanted to show me her new one. Year before last she dropped three at once and boy was she looking worn out after that. I would go down in the woods at night and sit with them while they grazed. Sometimes she would wander off and leave me to baby sit.
  6. quads

quads Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Sands, Wisconsin
    We've had a population explosion this year. Have never seen so many fawns in the woods, and this is just in the one 80 acre piece. But, we have had an extra good year for lots of things; raspberries, blueberries, mushrooms, frogs, etc.
  7. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    At the beginning of the year I had eleven doe and fawn hanging out here. That is a load for just five and a half acres. But we are the only ones for miles that don't have dogs. Two back to back three foot snow falls had to be really hard on them this year. It was supposed to be really bad with snow the year before so I laid in a bunch of orchard grass hay for them and we didn't get squat for snow. So after the hay had gone bad along came this years heavy snows. I mulched the stuff up on the drain field to grown them a food plot.
  8. fossil

fossil Accidental Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Bend, OR
    Couple of really pretty young mule deer bucks walked the property day before yesterday. Still in velvet. Tried to get my camera but they lacked the patience to wait for me. On their way to a Stag party, no doubt. %-P
  9. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Good pictures quads and a good story too. We never tire of seeing them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.