Saw Buck, My Version

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NTS

Nov 6, 2015
Northern Nevada
Got the idea from here on the forum. The saw buck is 8 feet long, 3 foot deep and 15 inches wide so the bar on my Sears Poulan 42/18 can make the cut. The uprights are on 16 inch centers. The distance from the plywood stop to the first upright is 8 inches. It works good, but I think I will like using my buzz saw better, when I get it running.

sawbuck 006.jpg

DSCN1058.jpg

DSCN0090.JPG

sawbuck 004.jpg

Doesn't that cause problems with binding the chain in the cut when it all collapses down as you cut them?

Your right, there was quite a lot of binding. A lot of the branches were pretty crooked and the stack was over top of the uprights when I first started cutting. I would cut down some then clear the cut rounds. It takes a while to load the thing too. If the branches were straight maybe the binding would be less. Would wrapping the wood with a cargo strap lessen the binding? It is faster and holds the branches better than the other saw buck pictured. Once I get my buzz saw running I don't think the saw buck will be used much.

Status
Not open for further replies.