SBI magnetic thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TomMcDonald

Feeling the Heat
Nov 18, 2022
Australia
Hi all,

Hoping someone who has used one of these can provide some feedback? This is the only thermometer I can buy over here that seems decent - So if anyone has used one please let me know if it's worth getting or not.

Also, even though this item says it's for a flue, could I use one on the stove top too?

Thanks,

Tom.

I have given a couple of them to friends. One has stayed relatively accurate, the other has not.

Maybe try this company and see if they would ship to Australia? Amazon US sells them but I didn't find anything on Amazon AU.

I have given a couple of them to friends. One has stayed relatively accurate, the other has not.

Maybe try this company and see if they would ship to Australia? Amazon US sells them but I didn't find anything on Amazon AU.
Thanks, I'll try to contact that company and see where it leads.

That's nuts. For that kind of money, you could go in business reselling them from the US. Did you contact ReoTemp?
I found them on Amazon AU for the same money so didn't bother.