Q&A Scandia brand woodstove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

Mr Issod- I recently (Nov 95) moved into a home that has a stove with the name Scandia on it. I have never used a wood stove before and would like to use this one but I do not have a user manual for it. Any idea where I can get info on this stove? Also- is there anything else (besides the users manual) that I should know before firing this thing up (It is approved by the local fire marshal and I have installed a CO detector).
*** Politics is the entertainment branch of industry *** -Frank Zappa

Answer:

The Scandia that you mention was an old "made in taiwan" copy of certain stoves (NOT related to todays Scandia Stoves our of Australia)...This not a good brand- and the company is long out of business...but if everything is in good shape- it should work well. There should be a lot of general wood stove info on HearthNet (try the search)..and more will be coming on soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.