Scary response from VC dealer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I learned my lesson with my Quadrafire, when it was shipped with i'll built legs and an ash dump bracket the wouldn't let the handle stay open and locked in place. When I called my dealer I was told they won't listen to us and they are hard to deal with. So after watching on here I smartened up and bought a Woodstock stove. No dealers to go through. You talk right to the people who build them, anytime! Why should you have to struggle for help or answers from the very company you just spent your hard earned money with? That's BS!

I remember about 15 years ago I was interested in a VC.
The dealer advised me against it, saying he was stopping selling them because of the very poor back up and unavailability of sourcing parts from VC.
So I take it some things do not change?

The CFM years were not VC's best, but over here VC parts have been available all along. I'm not sure about Europe. Dealer support may have lagged during this period, though a dealer locally that I know still provided good service and sales. Recent price increases have made the old parts pretty dear, but since Monneson bought VC in 2008, they have been improving things.

Begreen, thats interesting.
I ve always admired VCs to look at and especially as they are cast, but I never made the move on one.

I've gotten the feeling that VC finally desires to move ahead into the future. This comes from some snooping around - and makes sense because they have probably got some new blood and looked around and wondered why they might not be getting their fair piece of the pie.

I would love to someday have some hearth.com folks meet up for a tour of their plant - long ago, Dale had invited me but I think he retired.

How does this sound? We rent a bus and it takes us from Woodstock to a pellet plant and then to VC?

Bus has booze on board. You weedheads can toke outside.

Sounds like a fun tour!

I've gotten the feeling that VC finally desires to move ahead into the future. This comes from some snooping around - and makes sense because they have probably got some new blood and looked around and wondered why they might not be getting their fair piece of the pie.

I would love to someday have some hearth.com folks meet up for a tour of their plant - long ago, Dale had invited me but I think he retired.

How does this sound? We rent a bus and it takes us from Woodstock to a pellet plant and then to VC?

Bus has booze on board. You weedheads can toke outside.
;lol
Thats inbelievable, in Scotland we are not allowed booze on any buses (I suppose being a nation of alcoholics, they dont want to encourage anyone!?)
I would love to go on a bus tour to Vermont castings, but I suppose its too far away :rolleyes:
My family and myself went on a tour of Jotul in Fredrikstadt in Norway, I was really impressed and they were so welcoming.
I always admired the VC, but was always put off by some bad press, I hope they audit themselves and see where they go wrong!

;lol
Thats inbelievable, in Scotland we are not allowed booze on any buses (I suppose being a nation of alcoholics, they dont want to encourage anyone!?)

No booze on our public buses, but I think if you lease one (like a big limousine) you could serve wine and beer.

I've often wondered if I could get a tour of the Jotul factory here in Maine . . . perhaps I should stick that on my bucket pint list.

I've often wondered if I could get a tour of the Jotul factory here in Maine . . . perhaps I should stick that on my bucket pint list.

I think that could happen in various ways - I have talked to them about having such a day.......are you on Facebook? If so, post a little comment on their facebook page asking if they have any days for customer tours.

I think that could happen in various ways - I have talked to them about having such a day.......are you on Facebook? If so, post a little comment on their facebook page asking if they have any days for customer tours.

I am . . . and I shall do so.

Reply back today . . .

Jotul North America wrote: "Hello Jason, Yes, we have done a few open house events here at the Jøtul Factory in the past where we will invite customers and fans for a tour. We are in the process of putting the details together for a possible upcoming open house. Check back for details and an event on facebook."

Status
Not open for further replies.