SCORE! a new to me splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fishboat

Dec 2, 2006
Wisconsin
I've been watching CL for a while & finally found what I was looking for...a Speeco 25 ton 10.5hp(light commercial) splitter...just a year & 6 cords old.

I can't for the life of me find a model number on the engine...Briggs & Stratton 10.5hp OHV I/C...anyone know the model number?

Is the engine the Vanguard series?

I don't see any reference to Vanguard..that's the problem...I don't see much of anything on the engine other than 10.5hp OHV, I/C, cast iron sleeved, light commerical duty. No labels with "Model Number", no stampings in metal parts, no metal tags....

I do see one number (276012) that looks like it might be a model number(it fits in the B&S;6 number format), but the B&S;site doesn't recongnize it.

I have a question into Speeco, but no response so far.

Never did find any model reference on the engine & haven't heard from SpeeCo...but I managed to figure out the model number...215902...it's an Intek

thanks..

Status
Not open for further replies.