Score ! some more free goodies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
Picked up another uglys crate , some pallets, 10ft ,2X4s, 10ft 1X6s,1X4s, some are a full 1" thick, the 10 footers I had to cut to fit in trailer they were 15'
Pallets for stacking ,and other stuff for , racks n small wood shed

IMG_20130914_184437.jpg IMG_20130914_185854.jpg IMG_20130914_191053.jpg

Last edited:
What the hell man? I can't find anything like those creates :p (crates) around here! ;) ;lolNice score man! Now I got to keep my eyes open for more pallets. Time to hunt some up this week for building my cribs, crates, bins, whatever we are going to call them.

I hear ya, 5 pallets and 15 foot of good cord for a ugly bin

What the hell man? I can't find anything like those creates :p (crates) around here! ;) ;lolNice score man! Now I got to keep my eyes open for more pallets. Time to hunt some up this week for building my cribs, crates, bins, whatever we are going to call them.
Every couple months this place has more, but would be a long drive for you ;)
What I cant really use I'll burn :ZZZ

Reactions: Gasifier
Pallets are never free around here. Some places won't even sell them.

Pallets are never free around here. Some places won't even sell them.
I have heard some people get em from H Depot but, A friend of mine is a manager at the HD and I can't get any there.
This small manufacturing plant I got this stuff from has to pay to get rid of the wood stuff, (the more they fill the dumpster the more they pay) so , It's cheaper to give em away

Reactions: Paulywalnut
An uglies crate made from free skids. (Realstone smacks own forehead) At least half my firewood is uglies & shorts. And there are always free skids all around.
Great idea, thanks.

An uglies crate made from free skids. (Realstone smacks own forehead) At least half my firewood is uglies & shorts.
Great idea, thanks.
I didn't have make it, It came that way , just had to load it up and drag it home ::-)

Reactions: Realstone
Status
Not open for further replies.