1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. njtomatoguy

njtomatoguy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Maple Shade, NJ
    On the way home, I passed a house with a lot of wood dropped in the yard- and the neighbor was checking his mail.. Asked about the wood, and he said his daughter doesn't live there anymore, and the tree guys just left it wher it fell..he wanted to know if I had any way to get rid of it, and could I take it all.. Aw geez, I guess.. All oak, cut into rounds, 14 to 18 inches in length..Must be 3 or 4 cords.. gotta go.. going back for load 2..

WOOO HOOOO !!!!

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. begreen

begreen Mooderator Staff Member

Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Likewise and mine ended up being delivered. Our floor installer cut down a maple last spring. He had the rounds sitting on his property and didn't want to pay the dump fees to get them off. So he dropped off about a cord of rounds yesterday. Plus two garbage can full of oak flooring scraps. Sweet.
  3. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Oh,Oh,Ooooooh **in my best Sam Kinison voice**
    I never get that lucky!
  4. Gibbonboy

Gibbonboy New Member

I have an unknown quantity of cherry to get from my uncle- he said he's not sure how much is there, but it's multiple cords. It's such a great feeling to score free firewood!
  5. nshif

nshif New Member

Loc:
    Pioneer, Ca (near Lake Tahoe)
    Free wood is always a good thing. I just got 2 100' cedars and a 125' pine from running power to my property. They had to cross 2 other parcels getting here and the trees were in the way. The owners werent interested in the wood but wanted it removed..... oh well I just had to do it. Good start on next years wood.
  6. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Sam had to be the funniest guy in the world!

I saw him live once and almost wet my pants!
  7. Jags

Jags Moderate Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern IL
    Watching him made me laugh so hard that my sides hurt for 2 days.
  8. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    Awe ............Well that was aweful nice of you to get rid his wood for free , 3-4 cords of oak is a lot of BTUs brother. :lol:
  9. njtomatoguy

njtomatoguy Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Maple Shade, NJ
    4 loads today- everything hurts! Another problem is that I have a chevy aveo- the tiny hatchback.. I might rent a U-haul. Mileage isn't really an issue because it's only 8/10th's of a mile away.. My buddy has a pickup, but he doesn't need any wood.he has 11 cords ready to go.. I just hate beating on his truck, since it's really nice. I wish I still had my service van...

This is splitting pretty easy- I couldn't wait, and popped a few rounds..

LIFE IS GOOD!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.