SCORE!!!!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njtomatoguy

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
On the way home, I passed a house with a lot of wood dropped in the yard- and the neighbor was checking his mail.. Asked about the wood, and he said his daughter doesn't live there anymore, and the tree guys just left it wher it fell..he wanted to know if I had any way to get rid of it, and could I take it all.. Aw geez, I guess.. All oak, cut into rounds, 14 to 18 inches in length..Must be 3 or 4 cords.. gotta go.. going back for load 2..

WOOO HOOOO !!!!

Likewise and mine ended up being delivered. Our floor installer cut down a maple last spring. He had the rounds sitting on his property and didn't want to pay the dump fees to get them off. So he dropped off about a cord of rounds yesterday. Plus two garbage can full of oak flooring scraps. Sweet.

I have an unknown quantity of cherry to get from my uncle- he said he's not sure how much is there, but it's multiple cords. It's such a great feeling to score free firewood!

Free wood is always a good thing. I just got 2 100' cedars and a 125' pine from running power to my property. They had to cross 2 other parcels getting here and the trees were in the way. The owners werent interested in the wood but wanted it removed..... oh well I just had to do it. Good start on next years wood.

Webmaster said:
Jags said:
Oh,Oh,Ooooooh **in my best Sam Kinison voice**
I never get that lucky!

Sam had to be the funniest guy in the world!

I saw him live once and almost wet my pants!

Watching him made me laugh so hard that my sides hurt for 2 days.

njtomatoguy said:
On the way home, I passed a house with a lot of wood dropped in the yard- and the neighbor was checking his mail.. Asked about the wood, and he said his daughter doesn't live there anymore, and the tree guys just left it wher it fell..he wanted to know if I had any way to get rid of it, and could I take it all.. Aw geez, I guess.. All oak, cut into rounds, 14 to 18 inches in length..Must be 3 or 4 cords.. gotta go.. going back for load 2..

WOOO HOOOO !!!!

Awe ............Well that was aweful nice of you to get rid his wood for free , 3-4 cords of oak is a lot of BTUs brother. :lol:

4 loads today- everything hurts! Another problem is that I have a chevy aveo- the tiny hatchback.. I might rent a U-haul. Mileage isn't really an issue because it's only 8/10th's of a mile away.. My buddy has a pickup, but he doesn't need any wood.he has 11 cords ready to go.. I just hate beating on his truck, since it's really nice. I wish I still had my service van...

This is splitting pretty easy- I couldn't wait, and popped a few rounds..

LIFE IS GOOD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.