1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Scoring some free pine slabs

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by suprz, Dec 10, 2012.

1. suprz

suprz Member

Loc:
    Rhode island
    Got a line on some pine slabs for free this weekend. I was told they are one year old. They should split up nice and make for ALOT of kindling if nothing else next year

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Good score suprz. Glad to hear you got some free BTUs. Make sure it is at least a year old though before you start burning. I use pine slabwood mixed in with my hardwood. I bought some from an Amish fellow last year around this time. You want to make sure it is good and dry. If you split it up too small it will burn away super fast. I leave it in pretty good size chunks when I put it in the boiler.
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    They will make kindling and you can also burn it along with the other wood. Just don't fill the stove with the pine and all will be well.
  4. bogydave

bogydave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    So Cent ALASKA
    Kindling & 1 off fires.
    Pictures of the "nice score" ? :)
  5. suprz

suprz Member

Loc:
    Rhode island
    I have to wait until saturday due to work...... But i will post pics when i get back and off load the slabs
  6. suprz

suprz Member

Loc:
    Rhode island
    Well, i called the guy today as he requested and asked him what time i could come by tomorrow and he told me the slabs were gone!!!.... Oh well.... I guess there will be more
  7. weatherguy

weatherguy Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central Mass
    Thats happened to me a couple times, I kick myself fot not getting out there quicker but sometimes you just cant. I missed out on over 1/2 cord of red oak just bucked because I waited a couple days.