Scotch Plains NJ free wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisNJ

Feeling the Heat
Sep 25, 2009
Burlington County
Whilst the weather is a bit hot, wish this place was closer to me.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/zip/3144608306.html

Free Firewood - Logs 18" - 24" (All Mixed Hardwood)

All logs are already cut up to firewood length.

We have a surplus of logs, and need to get rid of some wood.

Bring truck, trailer, etc. We can load for you with machine. Or load by hand yourself.

No calls please. Just come on down!

STOP IN OFFICE FIRST!!

The Yard LLC Topsoil & Mulch Depot
2115 Lake Ave
Scotch Plains NJ 07076
Monday - Friday 8:00 - 4:00

WOW! I am almost glad thats not near me, I would not be able to help myself and that whole pile would be in my backyard. That is practically a gold mine with a FREE sign out front!

Good grief I wish I lived closer to that.......On a side note I would probably go insane when I got there and kill myself trying to get it all!!! :)

I'm pretty sure I'd overload my dump trailer and break something. :rolleyes:

Here is the picture in case the ad gets taken down when 10,000 people storm the place for the wood!

Attachments

• 5N35G15T33I33Jf3H4c7h09d92891606115d4.jpg
    5N35G15T33I33Jf3H4c7h09d92891606115d4.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 116
It might surprise many that there may not be all that many takers. If it were in October or November though.....

Keep in mind our area (that town is 30 miles away) has been deluged with storm wood. There has been a glut of tree work being done by the power companies too. The local Depot has had 5 or 6 tree service trucks parked overnight there for months now. Surely could buy a pizza or two and have them set aside plenty if needed. I am done looking for wood. If only I could finish processing what I have started. There must be 8-10 cords in unsplit and split wood at the wood pile, plus another 2-3 cords a quarter mile away on a lot with my splitter. This is all a big Hickory that Irene dropped. Most are around 30 inches in diameter:

Attachments

• hickory2 (2).jpg
    hickory2 (2).jpg
    122 KB · Views: 135
It might surprise many that there may not be all that many takers. If it were in October or November though.....
I agree, if this was October that wood would be gone instantly, too hot now for people to think about that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.