screw jammed in the auger

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

the cug

Dec 22, 2014
sudbury, on
i'm going to camp next week and the first thing I need to do is to get the pellet stove going. theres a screw jammed in my auger and I cant get it out. the head is broke off and its really jammed. is there a way of reversing the auger or any suggestions. I don't want to take the motor out if I don't have to.

The best way is to remove motor then turn auger by hand
in reverse or pull the auger out and check for damages
even if you just have to touch it up with a file .

thx for the input, apparently its a big job pullin that auger out. if I have to I will though, but I prefer not to.

What model unit is it ?

We all eventually get stuck with pulling a auger for whatever reason. The easiest has got to be the Countryside that just let the force of the auger moving fuel keep it in the tube and in the drive slot. Good luck
Edit, I take that back about having to pulling the auger, Bixby has no feed auger but a feed wheel that can even reverse on its own to possibly clear a jamb.

We do not service Drolet. I am sorry but I do not have training to provide specific info to you. Most feed motors are not that hard to remove and you really do need to learn the basics of the unit. If you put the make and model of your unit in the title of your post other owners familiar with the unit will chime in with advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.