Screwed by manufacturer for being prepared!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stevekng said:
I'll bet the wrong part was shipped, for a different stove.​
you are kidding...._g captian obvious,,,LOL

I put the model and serial number with the parts order and it was still wrong. All I can hope for is that all of the other gaskets are correct.

Bill

Now i have to ask a serious question. Before you came onto an internet forum to groan to us / cry on our shoulders did you call whoever you ordered your gasket set from and tell them their mistake and see if they would try to make it right? I am sure if you explained that the pellet stove if your primary heat source blah blah blah they would have probably over nighted or 2nd day aired out the correct set of gaskets if they are any kind of decent company.

If you didn't call them first and came to us first to groan then yes you are playing one of those 'perpetual victims'

Reactions: nate379
Out of all seven billion, there are zero who do not make mistakes.​
Wait a minute here. I'm not so sure this is true. I thought I was wrong once and then found out I was mistaken. ==c

Wait a minute here. I'm not so sure this is true. I thought I was wrong once and then found out I was mistaken. ==c

Then it doesn't count, your record is still intact.

Now i have to ask a serious question. Before you came onto an internet forum to groan to us / cry on our shoulders did you call whoever you ordered your gasket set from and tell them their mistake and see if they would try to make it right? I am sure if you explained that the pellet stove if your primary heat source blah blah blah they would have probably over nighted or 2nd day aired out the correct set of gaskets if they are any kind of decent company. If you didn't call them first and came to us first to groan then yes you are playing one of those 'perpetual victims'

I am guessing that you did not understand what the timeline was here...
I will make it simple for you,
Saturday afternoon while I was at work the wife calls with stove problems.
Sunday everyone replies to post.
Now it is Monday morning and I have called the manufacturer with a possible resolution to the original problem and a gasket on it's way.

I guess you do not understand what frustration is! Plus having an avenue to vent when nobody is there to call is a good value. I love these boards, and will continue to post complain here when needed.

Eric from England's Stove was very helpful with resolving a possible stove problem.

Bill

Again, thanks for the ideas from those of you that were here to help me and all others that are on the Hearth boards! I love it here!

Gotta love how it always turns into someone who is perfect and those who flame him for his comments.

Bill

....it is Monday morning and I have called the manufacturer with a possible resolution to the original problem and a gasket on it's way.......Eric from England's Stove was very helpful with resolving a possible stove problem......
Sooooo, just curious....was the original gasket set they shipped wrong? What do they think the problem was?

Sooooo, just curious....was the original gasket set they shipped wrong? What do they think the problem was?

The gasket was wrong and the original problem, I was at work, unable to see what really went wrong, AKA wife home alone!
Seriously though, the stove was letting smoke into the house and she did not know what to do.

Bill

you are kidding...._g captian obvious,,,LOL
I should have said different brand of stove and you should have said "captain" not "captian"

did some checking and eric does have the replacement gasket on the way,

however, i am somewhat confused, the combustion motor gasket (the "ring" gasket between the round motor mounting flange and the housing of the blower itself is a standard gasket of which we have only ever had one of. fits all of our exhaust blowers. we actually get them from the manufacturer of the blower itself (fasco) only though i would have is if iot was "mispunched" by them although im not sure how that would happen either as i suspect they have a die set up to punch that out in one stroke (i would do that were it my company) i have looked at a stock combustion blower as well and tghe outer edge of this ring gasket does extend approximately 1/8 inch beyond the motor mounting plate as well. as of now, i have no idea why this gasket would not have fit the blower assuming its a stock blower from here of which we only have 2 versions of and the only difference in them is the size of the impeller blades.

did some checking and eric does have the replacement gasket on the way,

however, i am somewhat confused, the combustion motor gasket (the "ring" gasket between the round motor mounting flange and the housing of the blower itself is a standard gasket of which we have only ever had one of. fits all of our exhaust blowers. we actually get them from the manufacturer of the blower itself (fasco) only though i would have is if iot was "mispunched" by them although im not sure how that would happen either as i suspect they have a die set up to punch that out in one stroke (i would do that were it my company) i have looked at a stock combustion blower as well and tghe outer edge of this ring gasket does extend approximately 1/8 inch beyond the motor mounting plate as well. as of now, i have no idea why this gasket would not have fit the blower assuming its a stock blower from here of which we only have 2 versions of and the only difference in them is the size of the impeller blades.

Unless Fasco sent you a 7" combustion gasket in with the others and whoever packed it up didn't notice. We have had a 6" combustion blower come from them with a 7" gasket on it before in the original Fasco box. Ended up sending out a correctly sized one to the customer when they called.

Unless Fasco sent you a 7" combustion gasket in with the others and whoever packed it up didn't notice. We have had a 6" combustion blower come from them with a 7" gasket on it before in the original Fasco box. Ended up sending out a correctly sized one to the customer when they called.

i suppose its possible but the dimentions given by the OP match up to the stock gasket we carry as far as outer diameter which he posted as 6 inches.

i still am unsure what happened only thing i can think of is it was mispunched by fasco. but as you did we sent a new one out when the customer called.

Obviously, I cannot answer why it was wrong, but the holes did NOT line up. I placed one slot over the stud, and the next one was so far off that I had to count the holes to see if they punched an odd amount of holes.
I did what Eric and someone on the boards recommended before you opened up on Monday and put High Temp Silicone as the fix. It was also nice talking to Eric to verify that no other problems were lurking in the stove.

Sorry if I sounded angry at first but, as most people when they are stranded on a weekend, we tend to get a bit upset. The stove is working fantastic now and I am still happy.

I hated to tell the wife to turn on the oil burner for heat! And, I woke up every time it kicked on Saturday and Sunday night!

I am still a "Consumer Salesperson" of England's Stove Works" because I understand that chit happens.

Bill

hey bill,

is the blower in the unit a stock fasco blower? mounting plate for motor has 6 "11/32" nuts holding the motor and plate on?

im still puzzled and frankly this is bugging the hell out of me

hey bill, is the blower in the unit a stock fasco blower? mounting plate for motor has 6 "11/32" nuts holding the motor and plate on? im still puzzled and frankly this is bugging the hell out of me

Yes, it is a Fasco Blower with 6 11/32" nuts.
I was hoping to find the gasket material locally to keep the stove as close to OEM as possible, to no avail. I always try to use OEM parts, unless I can reverse engineer and make a better part, which I have done a few times.

As I stated earlier, the bolt holes just did not line up. If it were a bad run in the manufacturing process, you would have many problems. If it was a change in gasket runs at the gasket manufacturer and one or two got caught in the new batch, they may have just slipped by.

Bill

Myself, and I'm sure Mike at Englander, would love to see a pic of the 2 gaskets side by side when you get the replacement. Based on what Mike said, hard to believe the wrong one got sent. Had to be something else.

Good reminder. Gaskets are basic maintence. Just changed mine and only have enough material for one more. So I just ordered two more sheets from that fellow listed in posts 5-6. More often than not, I do these clean outs at odd hours so I really need to have stuff lined up as much as possible.

Wouldn't b funny if the op was trying to put the housing gasket that is in the same package on the motor hub? I wouldn't put it past em....people are whacked, yes yes I know, I'm one of them
You read my mind....thought of that the other night when he first posted. That's why I wanted to see pics of the gaskets side by side.

Status
Not open for further replies.