Screwed up buying a liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

btuser

Minister of Fire
Jan 15, 2009
Principality of Pontinha
I screwed up buying my liner. In order to get past the front of my chimney I need about 20", but the tees I ordered are only 10". Is it kosher to put an extension on the tee to get past the front of the chimney? Where's the best place to get one?

I had to extend the horizontal on mine. It doesn't get through the block wall much less all the way to the stove.

Matt

btuser said:
I screwed up buying my liner. In order to get past the front of my chimney I need about 20", but the tees I ordered are only 10". Is it kosher to put an extension on the tee to get past the front of the chimney? Where's the best place to get one?

Say what? What are you using a tee for on a insert?

This is another galaxy farther away. About 5' farther into the basement.

I re-did my boiler, and I'm lining my current chimney because of the low flue gass temps coming from the oil boiler. It's about 20". I should have ordered a tee with a 22" snout for the thimble.

Nah. Just get a section of stainless stove pipe and attach it to the snout of the tee. Use a stainless six to six adapter crimped on both ends and smeared with furnace cement. When you put the thimble on the outside wall and secure it, that pipe ain't gonna move lately.

BrotherBart said:
Nah. Just get a section of stainless stove pipe and attach it to the snout of the tee. Use a stainless six to six adapter crimped on both ends and smeared with furnace cement. When you put the thimble on the outside wall and secure it, that pipe ain't gonna move lately.

+1

I called the vendor and they're going to ship me the 22" snout. Pretty cool.

BrotherBart said:

male-male adapters aren't to code though are they BB?

shouldn't matter on horizontal runs, but..op should know

also, 1/4" of rise per foot if you want it to draft :)

Wood Heat Stoves said:
also, 1/4" of rise per foot if you want it to draft :)

Good luck doing that in a existing clay crock.

Status
Not open for further replies.